Health-care costs are skyrocketing (mostly shouldered by employers) and the number of overweight men, women, and children in the U.S. is almost at epidemic levels. Unhealthy lifestyles and overweight related issues are carrying a very high price tag for individuals, such as: fatigue, depression, poor hygiene, constant sickness, stroke, heart attack, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, certain cancers, diabetes, and back ailments. There is also a very high price tag for you, the employer. This price includes high absenteeism, increased health care costs, low morale, and the list goes on. All of these things will affect your bottom line. Employee health is vital to a company’s competitiveness.
Fortunately, there is a way out. Getting your em-ployees to participate in an exercise program is the way to help stop this downward spiral. The Middlecreek Area Community Center wants to provide the solution for you.
What benefits can you and your employees get from getting involved in an exercise program at the MACC?
- Reduced healthcare and insurance costs with improvements in employee bodily condition
- Less worker absences
- Valuable recruitment and employee retention tool
- Higher energy and productivity levels
- Improved attitudes and self awareness
- Less stressed, more physically active workforce
- Declines in injury rates and injury related absences
- Less Turnover
- Improvements in job performance
- Increased employee satisfaction and morale
- Increased employee’s fitness
- Decrease in employee stress and job related tension
- Physical Activity Is Economically Beneficial
Here are some examples of companies with employee wellness programs and what their returns were on their investment into the wellness program.
Coors Brewing – 615% General Mills – 390%
Bank of America – 600% Travelers Corp. – 340%
Kennecott – 578% Motorola – 315%
Equitable Life – 552% DuPont – 205%
Corporate Membership Rates
$1000– 1 Free Yearly Adult Membership and 10 day passes plus 10% off each employee membership
$2000– 1 Free Yearly Adult Membership, 15 day passes plus 10% off each employee membership
$3000– 1 Free Yearly Adult Membership, 20 day passes plus 15% off each employee membership
$5000 — 1 Free Yearly Adult Membership, one free gymnasium rental, and 25 day passes plus 25% off each employee membership
$10,000– 2 Free Yearly Adult Membership, one free gymnasium rental, and 30 day passes plus 25% off each employee membership